This is a part-time program and is delivered via online (asynchronous) classroom.
What are Micro-Credentials?
Micro-Credentials certify an individual’s achievements in specific skill sets and differ from traditional credentials, such as degrees or diplomas. They are shorter, personalized, and enables employment in specific roles. At the end of this program, you will receive an official document credential from Sheridan Continuing & Professional Studies.
Become a sought-after Python-skilled coder, programmer and problem solver. The versatility of Python is useful for a wide range of purposes from web development and text processing to machine learning and artificial intelligence. It’s extensive applicability to data analysis makes Python the program of choice for coding. Using Python to create applications for various industries will prepare you with the skills you need to succeed in software development and applications, as well as provide a foundation for data analysis.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Write and execute interactive Python scripts
- Use logical operators, conditional elements and loops
- Manage project files and perform basic error handling and testing
- Build a Python application using a Version Control System
- Create a database-backed web application using Django framework
- Deploy a Python web application to a cloud platform
Develop your coding skills to the next level. Enrol today.
Laptop & System Requirements
When on campus, students are required to bring their own laptop to class. The IT Service Desk can assist you in troubleshooting a variety of technology-related issues and help you get the most out of your laptop.
The Minimum System Requirements for our Python courses are:
- Processors: Intel Atom® processor or Intel® Core™ i3 processor;
- Disk space: 1 GB;
- Operating systems: Windows* 7 or later, macOS, and Linux;
- Python* versions: 3.6.X;
If you have any questions, please contact our Opportunity Centre at email@example.com or 905-874-4440.