This is a part-time program and is delivered via virtual (synchronous) classroom.
Supply chain is an integral part of our community. With an industry of such importance, comes the need for growth, innovation, competitiveness, and more. Sheridan's Supply Chain Management Association - Ontario (SCMAO) program is designed to bring the next wave of supply chain professionals into the competitive market. Students will learn about procurement and transportation processes and procedures, to ensure our economy and world keeps spinning. In order to succeed in the industry, students will learn the necessary fundamental skills required about logistics and operations within a variety of different supply chain fields.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Understand the importance of supply chain in supply chain management
- Utilize technology in integrated supply chain processes
- Explain how operations management operates within an organization and their respective value
- Describe forecasting and its importance
- Issuing purchase orders
- and more!
Become an integral link in the chain. Enrol today.
Supply Chain Management Association - Ontario Certificate
After completion of the required Supply Management Training (SMT) courses and seminars, and with 1 year working experience in the field, you can apply for your certificate directly with the Supply Chain Management Association Ontario (SCMA-O). There are no pre-requisites. The certificate requirements comprise of the following, which do not need to be taken in any particular order:
- The Four CAPS Technical Offerings:
- MATM70005 SMT - Logistics
- MATM70003 SMT - Operations Management
- MATM70004 SMT - Procurement
- MATM70006 SMT - Transportation
- The Soft Skills Seminars offered at SCMA-O only
- The Business Management Seminars offered at SCMA-O or via another Canadian Accredited College or University
- Students have 2 options to complete credits for the Business Management Knowledge component and can choose which option best suits their academic journey
For more information on the certificate, please visit SCMA-O, or contact them via phone 416-977-7566 or 1-877-726-6968, or email email@example.com.
Note: Please complete this Expression of Interest Form if you are interested in being notified once these courses become available.
If you are pursuing the SMT Certificate, a total grade of 60% is the required passing grade for each technical course. Students must also attain a minimum of 60% on the final exam to pass.
Textbook & Material Requirements
A course textbook and participant manual are both required for each course. Upon registration, students will receive instructions directly from SCMA-O on how to download the participant manual from their site. Students can also purchase the textbook from the Sheridan bookstore.
If you have any questions, please contact our Opportunity Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-845-9430 option 3.