This is a part-time program and is delivered via online (asynchronous) and virtual and on-campus (synchronous) classroom.
Sheridan Continuing and Professional Studies is partnering with industry leaders to offer an intensive 8-week Industrial Distribution Program (IDP) with course workshops that will focus on career possibilities in distribution management, territory sales, marketing, negotiation skills, inventory management, sales, human resources, leadership, and information technology.
The curriculum will focus on the unique needs of the manufacturer-distribution channel and the opportunities in the bearing transmission field. It is designed to equip students with imperative knowledge and provides an opportunity to develop skills that are highly valued by potential employers in the industrial distribution and manufacturing sector.
The following courses that are part of this program:
- SALE78001 Effective Communication in Sales
- SALE78002 Negotiation Strategies: The Sales Professional Toolkit
- LIFE78001 The Innovative Thinker
- TSKL78019 NTN Industry Exploration
- TSKL78020 Tsubaki Industry Exploration
- TSKL78021 Continental Industry Exploration
- TSKL78022 Regal Beloit Industry Exploration
- TSKL78023 BDI Industry Exploration
- COMM78018 Industrial Distribution Career Preparation
Students will learn about supply chain, warehouse and asset management; remaining pro?table in a competitive market; effective branch operations; inventory replenishment.
Students will learn the strategies to increase sales performance, how to maintain strong client relationships, negotiation skills, bearing and power transmission product knowledge to improve sales success, and how to foster positive customer experiences.
Students will learn and apply tactics for strategic leadership, how to build safe and collaborative work environments, process-redesign, goal-setting, and technology adoption.
- Distribution and Operations
- Leadership and Professional Development
Please note: Registration in this course will be considered as registration to the full 8-week program.
Graduates of the program will have interview and networking opportunities with industrial distributors and manufacturers across Canada.
If you have any questions, please contact The Opportunity Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-874-4440